Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1200 pm EDT, Sep 24th 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick County.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in West
Opequon Creek near Martinsburg affecting Jefferson and Berkeley
For the Opequon Creek...including Martinsburg...Minor flooding is
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...Minor flooding is
303 PM EDT Thu Sep 23 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until early tomorrow
The Flood Warning continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* From this afternoon to early tomorrow afternoon.
* At 2:46 PM EDT Thursday the stage was 15.8 feet, or 0.8 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 2:46 PM EDT Thursday was 15.8 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 16.9 feet
this evening. It will then fall below flood stage tomorrow morning.
* Impact...At 17.0 feet, Significant lowland flooding is occurring
along the river, with backwater flooding also occurring. Numerous
roads are closed. Water is approaching the parking lot at Gambrill
Mill on the Monocacy National Battlefield. Backwater flooding from
Carroll Creek is likely approaching the underside of the bridge
leading to the Frederick city wastewater treatment plant.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 16.9
feet on 03/11/2011.
River Name Fld Observed Thu Fri Fri Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 8PM 2AM 8AM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 15.8 Thu 2 pm 16.9 16.4 14.5 16.9 8pm Thu
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government