Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 818 pm EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Potomac River at Edwards Ferry affecting Loudoun and Montgomery
For the Potomac River...including Edwards Ferry...Minor flooding is
955 AM EDT Fri Sep 3 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* Until this evening.
* At 9:45 AM EDT Friday the stage was 15.7 feet, or 0.7 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:45 AM EDT Friday was 16.0 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to fall below flood stage this
afternoon and continue falling to 7.1 feet Monday morning.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, Water reaches the boat ramp and lower
parking area at Edwards Ferry, and begins to inundate areas near
* Flood History...No available flood history.
River Name Fld Observed Fri Fri Sat Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 2PM 8PM 2AM Stg Time Date
Edwards Ferry 15.0 15.7 Fri 9 am 15.1 13.2 11.4 16.0 Fri 630 am
LAT...LON 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government