Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1100 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...Forecast flooding changed from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Jordan Creek At Allentown affecting Lehigh County.
For the Jordan Creek...including Allentown...Moderate flooding is
624 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration until late this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Jordan Creek At Allentown.
* Until this evening.
* At 6:00 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 9.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 6:00 AM EDT Thursday was 9.5 feet.
* Forecast...The river will oscillate around flood stage with a
maximum value of 10.1 feet this morning.
* Impact...At 6.0 feet, Jordan Park begins to flood.
* Impact...At 6.5 feet, Covered Bridge Park begins to flood.
Playground equipment and athletic fields at Jordan Park are
* Impact...At 7.1 feet, Route 309 in Whithall Township is closed due
* Impact...At 8.0 feet, Village Road in South whitehall is flooded.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 10.9
feet on 09/09/1987.
Fld Observed Forecasts (8 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Allentown 8.0 9.5 Thu 6 am EDT 6.1 4.0 MSG
LAT...LON 4062 7553 4066 7551 4062 7544 4058 7547
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government