Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 am EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Monocacy River near Frederick affecting Frederick County.
For the Monocacy River...including Frederick...Major flooding is
456 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late tomorrow morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Monocacy River near Frederick.
* Until late tomorrow morning.
* At 4:30 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 19.8 feet, or 4.8 feet above
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is occurring and major flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 4:30 AM EDT Thursday was 19.8 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage this
morning to a crest of 22.2 feet this afternoon. It will then fall
below flood stage late tonight.
* Impact...At 21.0 feet, Maryland Route 26 is flooded near the
Monocacy River bridge.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 22.0
feet on 09/06/1979.
River Name Fld Observed Thu Thu Thu Crest
Location Stg Stg Day/Time 9AM 3PM 9PM Stg Time Date
Frederick 15.0 19.8 Thu 4 am MSG MSG MSG 22.2 2pm Thu
LAT...LON 3958 7738 3955 7731 3940 7735 3924 7741
3922 7745 3926 7748 3951 7742
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government