Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 721 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Berne affecting Berks County.
...The Flood Warning continues for the following rivers in
Schuylkill River At Reading affecting Berks County.
Schuylkill River At Philadelphia affecting Philadelphia and
Schuylkill River At Norristown affecting Philadelphia, Chester,
and Montgomery Counties.
Schuylkill River At Pottstown affecting Montgomery County.
For the Schuylkill River...including Berne, Reading, Pottstown,
Norristown, Philadelphia...Major flooding is forecast.
323 AM EDT Thu Sep 2 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until this evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Schuylkill River At Reading.
* Until this evening.
* At 3:01 AM EDT Thursday the stage was 14.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.5 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage early
this morning to a crest of 18.0 feet this morning. It will then
fall below flood stage this afternoon.
* Impact...At 15.5 feet, Flooding begins in Reading. Portions of
Water and Canal Streets are flooded.
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Flooding occurs along portions of Franklin,
Grape and Chestnut Streets in Reading.
* Impact...At 18.0 feet, Additional streets in Reading are closed.
West Reading begins to experience street flooding. The Reading
Conrail tracks are also flooded.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 17.5
feet on 04/16/1983.
Fld Observed Forecasts (2 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Reading 15.5 14.0 Thu 3 am EDT 8.6 6.0 4.0
LAT...LON 4031 7599 4036 7591 4030 7580 4026 7562
4020 7569 4024 7584
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government