Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 240 am EDT, Sep 3rd 2021
...Forecast flooding changed from Moderate to Major severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Lehigh River At Lehighton affecting Carbon County.
Lehigh River At Walnutport affecting Lehigh and Northampton
Lehigh River At Bethlehem affecting Lehigh and Northampton
For the Lehigh River...including Lehighton, Walnutport, Bethlehem...
Major flooding is forecast.
1134 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration until early Friday morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Lehigh River At Walnutport.
* Until late Thursday night.
* At 11:16 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 11.6 feet.
* Flood stage is 8.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and moderate flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 11:16 PM EDT Wednesday was 11.6 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 13.2 feet
late tonight. It will then fall below flood stage tomorrow evening.
* Impact...At 6.0 feet, Minor flooding begins downstream at
Catasaqua and Hokendaqua.
* Impact...At 13.0 feet, Flooding begins just downstream from the
Slatington Walnutport Bridge.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 12.7
feet on 03/11/2011.
Fld Observed Forecasts (2 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Walnutport 8.0 11.6 Wed 11 pm ED 7.2 5.8 MSG
LAT...LON 4077 7563 4081 7559 4064 7542 4059 7545
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government