Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 901 pm EDT, Sep 2nd 2021
...Forecast flooding changed from Moderate to Major severity and
increased in duration for the following rivers in Pennsylvania...
Lehigh River At Lehighton affecting Carbon County.
Lehigh River At Walnutport affecting Lehigh and Northampton
Lehigh River At Bethlehem affecting Lehigh and Northampton
For the Lehigh River...including Lehighton, Walnutport, Bethlehem...
Major flooding is forecast.
1134 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...Forecast flooding increased from Minor to Moderate severity and
increased in duration until late tomorrow evening...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Lehigh River At Bethlehem.
* Until Thursday evening.
* At 11:16 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 14.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 16.0 feet.
* Moderate flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage just
after midnight tonight to a crest of 20.6 feet tomorrow morning.
It will then fall below flood stage tomorrow afternoon.
* Impact...At 14.0 feet, Flooding begins upstream in Allentown.
Backwater begins to effect the Little Lehigh and Jordan creeks.
* Impact...At 15.0 feet, The islands in the Allentown area begin to
* Impact...At 15.5 feet, Sand Island Recreational Area in Bethlehem
* Impact...At 16.0 feet, Wilson Avenue takes on water.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 20.0
feet on 06/23/1972.
Fld Observed Forecasts (2 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Fri Sat Sun
Bethlehem 16.0 14.5 Wed 11 pm ED 10.8 6.6 MSG
LAT...LON 4059 7545 4063 7543 4065 7534 4071 7520
4066 7520 4061 7533
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government