Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1111 pm EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The National Weather Service in Mount Holly NJ has issued a Flood
Warning for the following rivers in Delaware...
White Clay Creek Near Newark affecting New Castle County.
For the White Clay Creek...including Newark...Minor flooding is
608 PM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a
* Flood Warning for
the White Clay Creek Near Newark.
* For this evening.
* At 5:15 PM EDT Wednesday the stage was 9.2 feet.
* Flood stage is 13.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise above flood stage this
evening to a crest of 14.3 feet this evening. It will then fall
below flood stage late this evening.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins into adjacent open fields.
* Impact...At 13.3 feet, Delaware Route 7, Stanton Christiana Road,
begins to flood.
* Impact...At 13.5 feet, Businesses on Delaware Route 7 begin to
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 14.3
feet on 02/22/2003.
Fld Observed Forecasts (6 pm EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
White Clay Creek
Newark 13.0 9.2 Wed 5 pm EDT 6.3 MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3972 7576 3973 7566 3967 7564 3966 7574
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government