Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1115 am EDT, Sep 1st 2021
...The Flood Warning is extended for the following rivers in
Christina River At Coochs Bridge affecting New Castle County.
For the Christina River...including Coochs Bridge...Minor flooding
931 AM EDT Wed Sep 1 2021
...The Flood Warning is now in effect until late this morning...
The Flood Warning continues for
the Christina River At Coochs Bridge.
* Until this morning.
* At 9:15 AM EDT Wednesday the stage was 11.5 feet.
* Flood stage is 11.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent Activity...The maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending
at 9:15 AM EDT Wednesday was 11.5 feet.
* Forecast...The river is expected to rise to a crest of 11.7 feet
this morning. It will then fall below flood stage late this
* Impact...At 9.0 feet, Flooding begins in fields and floodplain
adjacent to the river.
* Impact...At 11.0 feet, Flooding begins in the town of Christiana.
East Main Street (Del 7) begins to flood as does Water Street.
Meadow Road near New Castle Airport is subject to flooding.
Barksdale Road near Casho Mill Road is also subject to flooding as
are residential backyards.
* Impact...At 11.5 feet, Portions of Duross Heights near New Castle
Airport begin to flood including Don Avenue. Airport Road at the
New Castle Airport begins to flood as the Christina River backs up
the Nonesuch Creek. Walther Road in the Bear area also floods.
Flooding also occurs around Smalley's Pond Dam in Christiana.
* Flood History...This crest compares to a previous crest of 11.7
feet on 10/19/1996.
Fld Observed Forecasts (9 am EDT)
Location Stg Stg Day/Time Thu Fri Sat
Coochs Bridge 11.0 11.5 Wed 9 am EDT 4.3 MSG MSG
LAT...LON 3964 7578 3970 7578 3965 7570 3968 7565
3968 7557 3959 7569
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government