Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1200 am MDT, Jun 10th 2021
Color Country West Desert-Mojave Desert-
340 AM MDT Tue Jun 8 2021
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL MIDNIGHT MDT
WEDNESDAY NIGHT FOR WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE
WEATHER ZONES 495 AND 497...
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Weather Zone 495 Color Country West
Desert and Fire Weather Zone 497 Mojave Desert.
* TIMING...Until midnight Wednesday night. The strongest winds
will occur between 1 PM and 7 PM each day.
* WINDS...South 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 45 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 9 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop could spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or are imminent. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government