Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 pm MDT, May 22nd 2021
San Rafael Swell-Color Country Mountains-
303 PM MDT Thu May 20 2021
...RED FLAG WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 PM MDT SATURDAY FOR
WIND AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 489 AND
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire Weather Zone 489 San Rafael Swell and
Fire Weather Zone 496 Color Country Mountains.
* TIMING...Through 9 PM MDT Saturday, with poor overnight
* WINDS...South 25 to 35 mph with gusts 50 to 60 mph.
* RELATIVE HUMIDITY...As low as 6 percent.
* IMPACTS...Any fires that develop could spread rapidly. Outdoor
burning is not recommended.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or are imminent. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government