Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1000 am EST, Jan 1st 2021
Including the cities of New Lexington, Crooksville, Somerset,
McConnelsville, Stockport, Athens, Marietta, Belpre, Jackson,
Wellston, Oak Hill, McArthur, and Hamden
428 AM EST Thu Dec 31 2020
...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM TO 10 AM EST
* WHAT...Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations of a few
hundredths of an inch.
* WHERE...Portions of southeast Ohio.
* WHEN...From 5 AM to 10 AM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS...Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are
possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...A period of freezing rain will occur before
temperatures warm and change precipitation over to rain after 10
AM Friday morning.
Slow down and use caution while traveling. Prepare for possible
Additional information can be found at
https://www.weather.gov/rlx as well as on our Facebook and
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government