Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 900 am CDT, Oct 9th 2020
Chambers-Coastal Harris-Coastal Galveston-
Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula-
1034 AM CDT Wed Oct 7 2020
...COASTAL FLOOD ADVISORY IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CDT FRIDAY...
* WHAT...Minor coastal flooding associated with the close
approach of Hurricane Delta.
* WHERE...Chambers, Coastal Harris, Coastal Galveston and
Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula Counties.
* WHEN...Thursday night through at least Friday morning.
* IMPACTS...Flooding of lots, parks, and roads with only
isolated road closures expected.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Expect much higher than typical tides
after the low tide cycle early Thursday evening. Delta will
contribute to increased tides through at least Friday morning
and - depending on its track and strength - could persist into
If travel is required, allow extra time as some roads may be
closed. Do not drive around barricades or through water of
unknown depth. Take the necessary actions to protect flood-prone
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government