Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 700 pm PDT, Sep 8th 2020
Northern Oregon Cascade Foothills-
South Washington Cascade Foothills-
Including the cities of Sandy, Estacada, Silver Falls State Park,
Sweet Home, Toutle, Ariel, Lake Merwin, Yale Lake, and Cougar
1121 AM PDT Tue Sep 8 2020
...HIGH WIND WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM PDT THIS EVENING...
* WHAT...East winds 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected.
Locally stronger wind gusts are possible across ridge tops.
* WHERE...In Washington, South Washington Cascade Foothills. In
Oregon, Northern Oregon Cascade Foothills.
* WHEN...Until 7 PM PDT this evening.
* IMPACTS...Tree limbs or even whole trees could be blown down. Be
prepared for power outages. Travel will be difficult, especially
for high profile vehicles. Some roads could be impassable due to
downed trees and power lines.
* FIRE CONCERNS...Conditions remain favorable for rapid fire
spread. Use extreme caution with potential ignition sources.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Slow down and
exercise extreme caution if you must drive.
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government
agencies only. You are encouraged to complete a short survey
on iNWS. See the iNWS Service Description Document