Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 600 pm CST, Mar 7th 2020
304 PM CST Fri Mar 6 2020
...FIRE WEATHER WATCH IN EFFECT SATURDAY AFTERNOON FOR OUTDOOR
GRASSLAND FIRES FOR FIRE WEATHER ZONES 070, 071, 072, 081, 082,
083, 092, 093, AND 094...
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a Fire
Weather Watch, which is in effect Saturday afternoon.
* AFFECTED AREA...Fire weather zones 070, 071, 072, 081, 082,
083, 092, 093, and 094.
* WIND...Sustained winds 15 to 25 MPH with gusts up to 35 MPH at
* HUMIDITY...Lowest values forecast are 25 to 35 percent.
* HIGHEST THREAT...Southern and southwestern Iowa.
* IMPACTS...any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Outdoor burning is not recommended.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions
are forecast to occur. Listen for later forecasts and possible
Red Flag Warnings.
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government
agencies only. You are encouraged to complete a short survey
on iNWS. See the iNWS Service Description Document