Interactive NWS Alert
Radar valid at 1215 pm MST, Feb 7th 2019
BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
COLORADO AVALANCHE INFORMATION CENTER
RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DENVER/BOULDER CO
614 AM MST WED FEB 06 2019
THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE
COLORADO AVALANCHE INFORMATION CENTER.
Avalanche Warning for the San Juan Mountains, Grand Mesa, Gunnison,
and Aspen zones.
* Timing: in effect from 6 AM MST Wednesday through 9 AM Thursday
* Affected Areas:Elk Mountains, Ruby Range, West Elk Mountains,
Grand Mesa, San Juan Mountains, La Garita Mountains
* Avalanche Danger: backcountry avalanche danger is HIGH (Level 4 of
* Reason: heavy snowfall and strong winds are loading a weak
snowpack. Avalanche conditions are very dangerous. Natural and
human-triggered avalanches are very likely, and will be large
enough to bury a person.
* Precautionary/Preparedness Actions: Backcountry travel in or
below avalanche terrain is not recommended.
Consult www.colorado.gov/avalanche for detailed information
iNWS is an experimental service intended for NWS core partners,
including emergency managers, community leaders and other government
agencies only. You are encouraged to complete a short survey
on iNWS. See the iNWS Service Description Document